I've been trying to have patience with this company. They offer me the job. The recruiter failed to notify me that Aramco had requested documents until the third time they sent a request. I don't hear anything for 6 weeks. The recruiter phone is going straight to VM.
During this time, I get notice that directly from personnel on the ground that they want another interview. I am confused. They ask for a picture of me. I am further confused.
Now I have 2nd interview this Sunday.
How this company convinces anybody from America to work there is beyond me. Nothing but confusion and consternation.
Post by Countryoilman on Sept 14, 2017 1:56:24 GMT
Daoilman, LOL!!!! Pain??? This has been the most agonizing process I've ever been through with attempting to gain employment with an organization. I truly don't understand. I have the experience, the will, and the determination to do the job. But it has been stall, after, stall. I don't get it. I truly don't. I'm truly near just giving up and sticking to what I'm doing now. It's been 5 years since my first interview and 6 months since my last. And I'm still sitting here waiting for a decision. So maybe I should just give up and move on.
For those who have not heard back, might be a case by case basis. Not sure who your recruited might be, but mine was fairly communicative when she heard new information. I think it depends on how badly they need to fill a position.
Post by Countryoilman on Sept 15, 2017 1:20:00 GMT
I seriously want the Middle East experience. Also, because I'm not a suck-, finding work here in the states has been almost impossible. Sometimes I wonder if I've been black-balled from the oilfield here. I haven't worked in the patch since '15. No one will hire me. I'm always told that the superintendent has his people he wants. I've worked with some guys that didn't know a mouse hole from their own hole, and these guys are working. I honestly don't get it. I'm working in telecoms at the moment, but I really want back into the patch. I can't get a break. I've even tried starting all over, but the last HR rep I spoke with, laughed at me when I told him I didn't mind roustabout work. I even tried getting a job as a Galleyhand with the same result. So I took the job doing what I'm doing, the politics suck, but it's something to do. So I'm giving it my all and making the most of it.
So was talking with a couple of Aramco expats a few days ago and they made a really interesting point which was that a verbal offer from Aramco is kind of like a promise ring you give to a girl you might want to marry. It's not an engagement ring which indicates an actual commitment. It's more like a "we kind of like you but hold on. We may or may not proceed to the next step."
Although I should be frustrated by this whole process, I think I am much more fascinated by it. It's very different than a US based company. I'm sure not everyone goes through this same waiting game. At any rate, so goes life. Que sera sera.
After reading this thread.. I feel... "I'm not alone". And thank you for this forum, I learned quite a good deal about ARAMCO, not to mention on how to manage my expectation in term of the interview process
I am sharing a similar situation too. Was interviewed via Video Call, a month ago. Sent email to get some update/feedback 2 weeks after the interview, and no reply. Called the recruiter (in UK) for the past 3 days, went straight to VM.
I know that the waiting/response time is different for each person/case,
1. Would there be a "rejection" email sent after the interview if one is not successful? Or usually the application will die off as time goes by (with no update at all)?
2. Anyone has any trick or tip on how to get a response from the recruiter?
1) After reading other's experiences on this forum, there can be multiple different things going on in the background and multiple different ways for them to let you know what is up.
2) E-mailing my recruiter has been the (by far) the best way to reach my recruiter. I have called her literally 5 times and it goes straight to VM. So we had an "e-mail conversation" which would have taken 5 minutes over the phone but took a full day through email (with all the back and forth).
Post by Countryoilman on Sept 28, 2017 2:39:12 GMT
I emailed last week and I’m yet to get a response. I called two different recruiters today and both lines went straight to voicemail. So I’m assuming they’re having issues with their communications system.
Indeed it can be frustrating. Unfortunately, the recruiters do not have much influence on the process. They have to wait to hear back from the department from Saudi that interviewed you. If there is an offer, expect it to be around what you are making now, plus the tax savings. For folks who are only used to North American lifestyle will likely struggle to settle down, considering also the lower benefits... and the sober prevailing mood over there...
In the meantime start researching on the company, life there and reach out to people who are already there and who left recently.