o, First of all I would like to thank the moderators for this Forum it has a wealth of information.
I recently applied, interviewed and was told by the recruiter I have been recommended for an offer this was two weeks ago. My question is due to recents events will the hiring process be delayed even more or hiring freeze? I know patience is key.
I am in the same boat and was told a recruiter would contact me in 6 weeks time but haven't heard from anyone so far. My initial contact at Aramco has also gone quit and she just does not reply, where initially she was very good with communications. I had applied several months ago and expected nothing after a while, but then an email for an interview one Thursday in August then another one the following Monday and then an email on Thursday saying they are wanting to give me an offer and to submit all documents. I duely submitted on Sept 1 but haven't heard back from any one since, apart from a note that a recruiter will get in touch post 6 weeks. This is direct employment with Aramco, wonder if the events have triggered a chain of interal halts.
Post by arcticengineer on Oct 10, 2019 21:55:39 GMT
I don't think recent events have had any significant impact on the process. As others have said, there are a whole host of factors that come into play on how long the process takes. Personally as a direct hire to Aramco I interviewed in April, received an offer in July, recently completed my onboarding and contingencies and am still waiting on my visa.
Take it as an opportune time to understand إن شاء الله ʾIn shāʾ Allāh
One of my roles in my current job is as a hiring manager, and there are whole host of factors that can cause a delay, and that's in the states where I only need my direct manager to approve an offer. For Aramco, the senior vice president of the company approves every expat offer. I imagine he is a very busy man, add in Aramco's plans to go public, recent events, etc. and don't be surprised if there is a delay of a month or two. All the decisions are made in the Kingdom, your recruiter can only relay the information they receive, they will not speculate and often they are very busy. If you've been told you've been recommended for an offer, get all the information you're requested to provide to Aramco to them, and patiently wait a couple months. Call your recruiter and discuss any concerns you have, mine has been excellent during the process.
Patients is name of the game I reckon! My only concern is that the response from Aramco (my only contact who has only communicated via email) is being unresponsive and I have no other means to contact them in order to find out the status quo! Will keep the wait going.