I'm in the offer process but want to understand the practicalities/restrictions related to Bachelor status with family at home (UK). Subject to an appropriate offer I would want to travel home 3 times using interim/repat but the key to my decision is whether the family (wife & daughter 7 yo/son 12 yo) could stay in KSA during Christmas 2w/Easter 2w & Summer 8w school holiday. It would be very helpful if someone could PM to provide any personal insight.
I also have a few other questions that would be very grateful if anyone could answer.
1. Does anyone know the current visa term/restrictions for UK family visits? (Of course I will research this separately)
2. Will SA provide any kind of visa support for family visits if working on Bachelor status?
3. Is the standard Bachelor accommodation suitable for family for short stays? During the technical interview they said there are typically two bedrooms. Is there an option to negotiate a better housing standard on the Bachelor basis on the basis of family periodically staying?
4. I would be working in Exploration, does anyone know where I would likely be placed for accommodation? GC14 offer I think.
Note that family status is not an option due to personal circumstances.
You should be able to secure a 2 year multi entry visit Visa for wife and kids. I dont think the visits you are contemplating would be problematic.
You will need SA support as they need to issue the invite letter. On family status, we have had no issues getting parents and parents in law visit visas.
Cant help with the accomadation side.
Just a note: you may wish to consider the 8 week summer visit. It is blisteringly hot, and humid too in August, and many families disappear for much of the summer, so the place feels quite empty. Dhahran camp may be different tho. This is based on living off camp experience.
0. 3x traveling back home shouldnt be an issue, but it all depends on your (future) supervisor, as he needs to sign it off. You can bring your family to Saudi any time you want, provided you get them a visa (which however shouldnt be a problem).
1. No restrictions, as far as i know, and if there had been we would have heard of it. 2. You apply for the visa letter/authorization through Aramco. You will find the details when you get here. With that letter (which is essentially an online authorization), you will process the visa at the Saudi embassy in London (either on your own or most likely through an agent). Again, it's easy and you will find out when you get here the exact (straightforward) process. 3. Your accommodation will most likely be small for a family of 4. No room for negotiation, as the housing assignment is done shortly before you come, and after you have cleared all stages and been issued a visa. 4. Most likely in Dhahran (i.e. Aramco's main camp) as there is plenty of housing availability.