I have been seeing allot of hanging, and bogging down on the site for a couple weeks now. I finally tracked down the problem. The site is attempting to load content from the following URL, but it's jamming up my computer every time it does it.
I blocked this URL and the problem stopped right away.
I noticed while using FireFox that every time it would hang up, that URL was shown in the lower left corner of the browser indicating that is was loading (or attempting to). So I went ahead and added that URL to my Windows hosts file and blocked it. You could achieve the same thing through most firewalls. As soon as I blocked it, this website became very fast.