Questions about working for Aramco

Are you a new Saudi Aramco employee (new hire - who has not arrived in KSA yet) seeking information on your new job? Want to know what it's like working for Saudi Aramco in Saudi Arabia? Employment/work-related questions/posts go here.

Moderators: stmayo11, kswayne, vpainter

Forum rules
All posts must be in English.

Questions about working for Aramco

Postby smn111 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:56 pm

Hello,

I am a single mother who's daughter's father passed away. I am interested in working for Aramco (in education) and was wondering if anyone can give me some information about if it is possible to work there if I am single w/ a daughter. I was never legally married to the father and I have a death certificate. We were married in a village but did not have the official paper work. I have heard that there are some women working there with children but wanted to confirm these details and find out if there would be any complications I would face with the Saudi Government.

Thank you for your reponse in advance.
smn111

Re: Questions about working for Aramco

Postby TheDude » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:38 am

Each case is different, Aramco can best advise you and for that to happen you first need to apply for a job and pose these questions to them to find out what is required in your case.

Normally, according to Saudi Govt regulations, you are going to need a birth certificate for the child which has both parents names on it, generally, a marriage certificate is also required, but since in your case you have the father's death certificate, they may waive this requirement, but as said before, each case is unique.
TheDude
More than 25 posts
More than 25 posts

Postby vpainter » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:44 pm

Women employees are not given family status. Your daughter would be able to come visit but not have residence. There are exceptions to lots of things, but I've not heard of any exceptions to this one.
vpainter

Postby paulnlso » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:25 pm

Normally, according to Saudi Govt regulations, you are going to need a birth certificate for the child which has both parents names on it, generally, a marriage certificate is also required.
paulnlso
More than 5 posts
More than 5 posts

Postby violet » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:12 am

Women are not permitted to have family status housing? really?
violet
More than 2 posts
More than 2 posts

Postby quickfish » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:41 am

violet wrote:Women are not permitted to have family status housing? really?

This is Saudi Arabia we're talking about here. Some things are a little different.
quickfish
More than 25 posts
More than 25 posts

Postby violet » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:56 am

quickfish wrote:
violet wrote:Women are not permitted to have family status housing? really?

This is Saudi Arabia we're talking about here. Some things are a little different.

That it is. I will focus my research on 'single/bachelor-ette' status and enjoy it the best I can. It does add to the experience. :D As a female will I be able to live alone? I read someone mentioned single townhouses, who would qualify etc... What are the types of housing available for single females? Thanks for any responses.
violet
More than 2 posts
More than 2 posts

Return to New Hires and Jobs - Working for Saudi Aramco