G15 pay rate

Are you a new Saudi Aramco employee (new hire - who has not arrived in KSA yet) seeking information on your new job? Want to know what it's like working for Saudi Aramco in Saudi Arabia? Employment/work-related questions/posts go here.

Moderators: stmayo11, kswayne, vpainter

Forum rules
All posts must be in English.

G15 pay rate

Postby lobos-88 » Mon May 11, 2009 9:25 pm

IS there anyone out there willing to fathom a guess as to what a G15 pay rate is per month?
lobos-88
More than 2 posts
More than 2 posts

Re: G15 pay rate

Postby BogWarrior » Mon May 11, 2009 10:25 pm

If you mean the US Government pay scale, try this link. It's as easy as any government can make it.

http://www.opm.gov/oca/08tables/indexGS.asp

Cheers
BogWarrior
More than 2 posts
More than 2 posts

Postby lobos-88 » Tue May 12, 2009 8:46 pm

NO, I was actually asking about Aramco pay rates per grade. It is my understanding that G-15 is an executive grade and I was asking abuut the pay rate for that grade?
lobos-88
More than 2 posts
More than 2 posts

Postby BogWarrior » Wed May 13, 2009 4:32 am

Sorry, my mistake.
BogWarrior
More than 2 posts
More than 2 posts

Postby TETL_Saudi » Wed May 13, 2009 9:43 am

Hi there. Even though I am not over is Saudi yet, I have been following the board for over a year as an observer. This is my first post.

Some inital thoughts to this thread:

1) Grade Scales and Salaries are not really disclosed. I have read often, and I have to agree with the moderators and the long-term posters, that "if the monthly salary can suit your lifestyle and you feel comfortable with it, then take the position, if not, then don't."
2) Having being an Expat in North Africa before, don't take a position because of Money; most Expats take a position because of the experience for them, their families and a chance to better themselves in a complex world.
3) If grade and money are important, then my advice is stay in the West, where sometimes a title and money, means more than the experience you will have living abroad. I am a Canadian.

The jobsataramco website states clearly:

"Saudi Aramco offers highly competitive compensation and benefits packages. These packages are designed to attract and retain the technical skills, expertise and competencies from expatriates around the world. The long service of so many employees is testimony to the fine overall package provided by Saudi Aramco. Compensation which employees receive consists of a base salary, plus overbase payments/premiums designed to provide an incentive to accept and remain on an expatriate assignment. There are differences among employees recruited from different markets."

Take a look a the benefits, retirement (401(k), etc.), EAP if you have kids, etc....the whole package and experience, not the monthly paycheque.

Take a look here for an idea in Gulf: http://www.arabianbusiness.com/research ... e/548493-b
TETL_Saudi

Postby stmayo11 » Sat May 16, 2009 6:46 am

GC-15, like all Grade Codes in Aramco, has a range (a minimum, midpoint and maximum). If you receive an offer, you'll receive one somewhere in that range based on your experience, education & qualifications. You will not find the pay scales on here, and you likely will not find anyone on here willing to tell you what they make. Good luck in negotiating the process. If you've received an offer of a GC15 position, you'll be eligible for what's considered Executive housing, if it's available. These houses have furnishing that are a bit nicer, perhaps one extra sink in the bathroom, and perhaps a bit more space.
stmayo11

Return to New Hires and Jobs - Working for Saudi Aramco