Revised Offer

Are you a new Saudi Aramco employee (new hire - who has not arrived in KSA yet) seeking information on your new job? Want to know what it's like working for Saudi Aramco in Saudi Arabia? Employment/work-related questions/posts go here.

Moderators: stmayo11, kswayne, vpainter

Forum rules
All posts must be in English.

Re: Revised Offer

Postby vpainter » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:40 pm

Usually there is room for negotiation up to your current salary. You need to present pay stubs again if it does not match that salary. Not many these days are getting initially more than what they're currently making. Although, there are yearly raises and your other benefits make a difference.

Depending on openings your wife can be hired as casual employment after your arrival. This means she would not get the benefits. They would come through your employment. There are no guarantees for casual employment, but most women who want to work - do, at least in Dhahran. It can take a little time after arrival and I don't recommend women to go straight to work. If they'll wait a while, they can get connected into the community and that is easier done when not working. Once you're connected up with all the things going on, you can go to work and have connections that keep you in the loop of activities occurring for the ladies. Salary for casual employees run very different. Some ladies get a very good salary, others don't get anywhere near what they would have made in the states. Depends on the job and the department.
You can talk about this with your relocation agent, but casual employment usually takes place after you are here.

God bless you as you consider your options.
vpainter

Postby odyssey » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:50 pm

Thanks vpainter for your detailed reply.

Just to clarify my understanding on salary again: there are 3 main items in my offer. BASE SALARY is a little lower than my current salary, then there is EXPATRIATE PREMIUM, total of these two are called BENEFITS BASE SALARY, which is more than what I make now. Then there is small amount of OVERSEAS COST DIFFERENCE. My expectation was to get at least the same BASE SALARY.

Also, how is EXPATRIATE PREMIUM calculated? Offer says it is a variable of the BASE SALARY, is this a fixed percentage of the BASE SALARY?

Another question is regarding the Savings Plan, I understand company matches employees's contribution up to 9% of base salary. Is this like a RRSP or 401? What's the restriction on withdraw from the Savings Plan?

Thanks again for all your valuable information!
odyssey
More than 25 posts
More than 25 posts

Postby emma » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:58 pm

Hi aramconrnd

This is the time of home work for aramco. they need to do your background check and that usually takes a bit of time. 6 weeks for our case, but usually this is not the norm. medical comes after. Be patient and enjoy the process, don t worry you will get here very soon. Good luck

Emma :)
emma
More than 25 posts
More than 25 posts

Postby aramcornd » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:38 pm

Hello Emma

Thank you for responding to my question. I spoke with my relocation advisor this morning. She said our medical have been cleared and they are waiting on the background check. They have given me dates for Houston orientation and also tentative dates for travel arrangements. She said she will put a travel request for me on those dates.

It seems things are moving ....but you never know

Thanks
Aramcornd
aramcornd
More than 20 posts
More than 20 posts

Postby bill » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:59 am

I have to admit, I have been hesitant to post at this site since I realised more about my job offer...

I'm from the UK and altho the salary offered was good, I was ALSO offered an 'allowance' which is for me to pay all expenses for myself (and my family if I want).

Inevitably I am bringing my family over, but I can't help but feel isolated as a 'Contractor' for Aramco. Most of your guys (who have been ever so hospitable on this forum) are direct employees and the adventure is somewhat different.

The truth is, my allowance is great, especially with my salary. Living fantastically in Al Khobar will not be a problem....but I don't feel like an Aramcon :(
bill
More than 20 posts
More than 20 posts

Postby vpainter » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:11 pm

I'm sorry you won't be a directly employed Aramcon. But there are many people in the khobar compounds. There are many compounds in Khobar, some are company compounds and some are compounds anyone can live in. God bless you in your move and finding the right compound to live in.
vpainter

Postby 9951456 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:14 am

aramcornd, were you at the job fair in TX.?
More than 25 posts
More than 25 posts

Postby aramcornd » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:20 pm

9951456:

I was contacted by Aramco houston office for an interview. They set-up a telephonic interview with the a team of scientists from Dhahran. I had one telephone interview for ~ 1.5 h. After couple of days after interview the Houston office notified me, they are working on a offer for me.

But, after that i have to wait a long time to actually receive the offer in my hand.....there were few complications in terms of which payroll i will be on.
Aramcornd
aramcornd
More than 20 posts
More than 20 posts

Postby 9951456 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:52 pm

Thanks for the respond aramcornd.

I've asked you, because I want to know if it would make any different applying for a job at the job fair or online? I live far a way from TX. and it would be time&money consuming for me to travel.
Do you think if I call them they would link me to a recruiter that I can communicate with directly?
I would really appreciate any help.

Ned.
More than 25 posts
More than 25 posts

Postby aramcornd » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:52 pm

Hey Ned

I am not sure if they do that. But no harm in trying. Just give a call to the Houston office and ask at the most they will say no.

I think you have to submit your resume online for relevant position and then the rest is handled by them
I never went to Houston...i was in California and they arranged a telephonic interview

Good luck
Aramcornd
aramcornd
More than 20 posts
More than 20 posts

Postby stmayo11 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:32 am

If you have a family that you want to relocate with you, simply request that they amend the offer for family status. Some folks get single offers and some folks get family offers, but most everything is negotiable.
stmayo11

Postby 9951456 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:27 pm

I don't know if I'm calling the right number or not! Is this the only phone # 713-432-4000 they have? if not could you provide me with the right number to call.

Thanks for all of your help.

Ned.
More than 25 posts
More than 25 posts

Previous

Return to New Hires and Jobs - Working for Saudi Aramco